The Food Project collaborates with other organizations inside and outside MDUUC in providing food for people in need, and empowers members and friends of the MDUUC community to participate in those endeavors.
WHAT WE HAVE DONE
- Sent MDUUC work parties to Mountain View House shelter to do maintenance and repairs
- Sent MDUUC work parties to sort and pack food at the Food Bank of Contra Costa/Solano Counties warehouse
- Served as caretakers and docents of the MDUUC Peace (vegetable) Garden
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- As we have for more than 10 years, we prepare, serve, and eat meals with residents at the Mountain View House Emergency Family Shelter in Martinez over a period of several weeks each year.
- We staff local post offices to help collect food for the annual National Letter Carriers’ Food Drive to benefit the Food Bank.
- We organize drives to collect food and other items to distribute and serve to the Mountain View House shelter, Trinity Center, and our own Winter Nights at MDUUC.
- We hold “Let’s Get Cooking!” parties to prepare and store dinners for people experiencing food insecurity.
- We host the coffee service during Coffee Hour on one Sunday in June.
For information about scheduled meetings and activities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.