Mt. Diablo Unitarian Universalist Church has been recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association as a Welcoming Congregation. We affirm and include people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) throughout our congregational life —worship services, programs, and social gatherings —as whole people in every aspect of community.
As a Welcoming Congregation we have pledged to:
- Honor the lives of all people and equally affirm displays of caring and affection without regard for sexual orientation
- Celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship
- Incorporate an understanding of the experience of LGBTQ persons throughout all our programs, including religious education
- Affirm and celebrate LGBTQ and history
- Affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings
- Advocate for LGBTQ people’s rights; promote justice, freedom, and equality in the larger society; and speak out when the rights and dignity of LGBTQ people are at stake