In my relationship with the MDUUC community, and in keeping with our UU values, I will:
- Speak and write openly, honestly and respectfully, with clarity, tact and compassion.
- Listen carefully, with an open heart, to what others say.
- Take responsibility for my speech and actions as they affect both individuals and the congregation as a whole.
- Be sensitive to possible conflicts, and be willing to work toward solutions using available resources, accepting that some differences may not be resolvable.
- Respect my own boundaries and the boundaries of others (sexual or other), and protect and support vulnerable individuals.
- Respect and support the diversity within our congregation, and work to create a more welcoming environment.
- Support our congregation as a safe environment for healthy relationships.
Adopted by the Congregation on June 2nd, 2002
The seven points of this covenant are intended to serve as guidelines for our behavior as church members and friends. In case of conflicts, the "available resources" include the Board of Trustees, the Board President, the Minister, the Director of Lifespan Religious Education (DLRE), the Ministerial Relations Committee, and the DLRE Relations Committee - in addition to outside resources offered by the Pacific Central District and the Unitarian Universalist Association.